Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Federal law also limits how we can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with the personal information we collect both online and offline.
Pickering and Company is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personal information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
www.pickeringandco.com servers collect the following analytics:
- internet protocol (IP) address of computer being used
- web pages requested
- referring web page
- browser used
- date and time
- type of device used
- operating system
- repeat or first-time visitor
- activity on site (page views, site navigation)
- duration of visit
Pickering and Company does not associate this data to individual user identities.
In addition to the IP address/browser information collected from anonymous visitors to the site, other information is collected and stored when users log in to view restricted content or submit forms. Specifically, the following information is collected and mapped to a locally created account:
Pickering and Company may use “cookies” in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’ interests or to keep track of online purchasing transactions. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
Pickering and Company uses webforms forms on this site and on social media. These forms require users to give contact information such as their name, email address, and phone number. Contact information submitted in the webforms is used solely to provide the information requested or to respond to an expression of interest in our services. Such information will not be sold to another party.
Use of collected information
- Pickering and Company will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
- Pickering and Company uses browser IP address information and anonymous browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
- The information collected by Pickering and Company is used to identify and authenticate users accessing secure content and to pre-fill forms with information about the user submitting the form.
- The information collected by Pickering and Company may be used to enforce the Terms of Service. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about user traffic on the site.
- We may use the information we collect to operate, evaluate, and/or improve our business and services, or to better understand customer needs.
Distribution of collected information
- Pickering and Company will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- Pickering and Company will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
PRIVACY STATEMENT REVISIONS
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website. You are responsible for periodically reviewing our website and this Privacy Statement to check for any updates or changes.
If we make a material change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our website for a period of time after the change is made.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR EXTERNAL SITES
This website may contain links to other websites. Some of those websites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of websites operated by others.
We are not responsible for the performance of websites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this website, we recommend that you review each website’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, you may call us at (336) 852-9964.
Pickering and Company complies with all applicable laws and regulations. This may require cooperation with governmental authorities with respect to information we receive from you. If we believe it is necessary, in our sole discretion, to disclose information about you to law enforcement officials or in connection with a court proceeding, you hereby consent to such disclosure. In addition, if we believe a disclosure of such information is necessary to protect our property and rights, to protect public safety, or to prevent potentially illegal or unethical conduct, we may disclose certain information, and you consent to such disclosure. If you reside outside the United States, your local laws may afford a higher degree of protection to your personal information than provided under United States law. Your use of the Pickering and Company website constitutes consent to have your personal information transferred to, collected by, and processed by servers in the United States.
California residents are entitled once each year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2021 will receive information about 2020 sharing activities). Currently, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include this website as the subject line, and your full name, email address, and postal address in your message.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Your web browser may let you choose your preferences as to whether you want to allow websites to collect personal information over time about your online activities across different websites or online services. At this time, our website does not respond to the preferences you may have seen in your web browser regarding the collection of your information, and our website may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.